Disaster Recovery and Data Protection
Our storage solutions automatically ensure copies are placed in separate servers for redundancy.
This cloud storage building block provides advanced cluster and volume management. Create multiple volumes each with different copies on any subset of drives within the pool.
Most storage systems cannot tolerate the loss of an entire storage array, or many storage nodes in a cluster. This storage building block provides higher availability surviving multiple node failures.
No Vendor Lock-in
- Avoid vendor lock-in with big-box solutions and custom software with our flexible cloud building blocks
- No additional drivers or 3rd party software required.
- Greatly save money, decrease your support costs, and insure the flexibility of your future.
- Multiple resiliency options on the same virtual disk (e.g. 2-way and 3-way mirroring in the performance tier, and parity and dual parity in the capacity tier).
- High responsiveness to drifting working sets.
- Checksums protect all filesystem data and metadata.
- Verification occurs on every read of checksum-protected data during periodic background scrubbing.
- Backups of critical metadata are automatically maintained on the volume.
- Storage-agnostic, volume-based replication using SMB3 between servers.
- Block-level synchronous and asynchronous replication between servers or clusters keep them always fully in sync, even while files are in use.
- Bi-directional synchronous replication, where primary VMs and replica (secondary) VMs can be distributed on the same array, enabling flexible failover of individual applications without requiring failover of the entire array.
- No need to buy extra capacity until it’s needed.
- Start with two nodes then grow up to 16 nodes and over 400 drives, for up to 1 Petabyte (1,000 Terabytes) of storage per cluster.
- To scale out, simply add drives or nodes.
- Storage Spaces Direct will automatically onboard additional storage.
- Each additional resource increases your value and performance equally to maximize your investment.
- Unlike RAID, storage solutions from Argon Systems are self-healing.
- If a drive or server fails our storage solutions automatically begin making new copies of the data.
- Copies are automatically placed in separate servers, so there is no need for last generation’s RAID hardware.
- Microsoft’s checkpoints are superior to VMware’s snapshots.
- VMware simply copies the entire state of RAM. If you revert a VMware snapshot, the server reverts to a time in the past rather than be in a healthy state in the present.
- Checkpoints trigger the entire stack to be compiled. Backup technology triggers inside the guest instead of a saved state. System buffers are flushed to create a snapshot that’s consistent with the file system.
- When a VM is restored from a checkpoint it will be in a healthy current state.
- Quality of Service controls keep noisy neighbors in check with minimum and maximum IOPS limits per-VM, per-volume, and per-device.
- Built-in health service provides continuous monitoring and alerting.
- New APIs to easily collect rich, cluster-wide performance and capacity metrics.
- Near instantaneous VM storage provisioning.
- Expand and shrink volumes, add or remove hardware, all without downtime.
- Recovery plans can be created and executed in minutes.
- Erasure coding delivers up to 2.4x greater storage efficiency.
- Local Reconstruction Codes and ReFS real-time tiers to extend efficiency gains to HDs and mixed hot/cold workloads.
- Data deduplication provides up to 90% space savings to reduce capacity needs and lower costs. Supports up to 64TB volumes and 1TB file sizes.
- Capacity is further increased with data compression and thin provisioning.
Updated: January 14th, 2019 by