About a year ago, we conducted a survey and requested feedback on UserVoice about management pack for SCOM. Based on all the feedback that we received and constant input from Microsoft support, SCOM PG prioritized those requests, valued its outcomes, and planned few activities.
- One activity was reviving old but important old MPs which are extensively used by customers, but they lacked updates. Example: Windows Cluster, Exchange, HyperV.
- Another activity was to prevent customers using multiple MPs for different versions of a single workload by transitioning to Version agnostic MP. Example: Windows OS, DPM, ADCS.
- Most importantly, develop MPs for newer 1P Microsoft. Example: M365, AzStackHCI
Looking at the above plan, we updated and released below Management Packs over the past few months. Additionally, work is in progress for Management Pack on monitoring Microsoft 365, Azure Stack HCI and many more. If you are want to be part of the early testers of these MPs, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MP Name in Catalog
Storage Spaces Direct 2016+
Fixed multiple cookdown and performance issues.
Data Protection Manager 2016 and above
Added DPM Deduplication Management pack and fixed DPM executive summary issue.
Active Directory Certification Services 2016 and above
Fixed TLS 1.0 issue with Topology discovery and published the MP as version agnostic for Windows Server 2016 and above.
Management Pack Recommendations
Added Dell EMC Server lightweight discovery to MP recommendations.
Cluster 2012 MP
Windows Server Cluster
Removed v. 10.0.6.0, added language support for v. 10.0.6.6.
Win OS (2012 R2 and Earlier)
“Volume Name” property discovery issue has fixed for Logical Disks.
Win OS (2016 and above)
Core OS 2016 and above
· Non-physical NIC’s discovery issue has fixed in Windows Server 2016 and above Network Adaptor discovery.
· Display strings are updated from “2016 and 1709+” to “2016 and above”
ADRMS (2016 and above)
Active Directory Rights Management Services 2016 and above
The MP has been verified against ADRMS for Windows Server 2016 and above operating systems and branded as version agnostics.
Multiple issues fixed.
We also recognize the need to service Management Pack on a regular basis and, given the plethora of monitoring workloads SCOM caters to, we plan to build a robust and agile way of improving MPs. Getting constant inputs from customers, community and MVPs have immensely given us the energy to push our efforts in the right direction and we greatly appreciate that. We look forward to suggestions in delivering, developing, and improving MPs on a faster basis. After all, change should always be constant.
Feel free to share your comments in the below section and you can write to us at email@example.com too.