First published on TECHNET on Feb 06, 2013
Authored by Santos Martinez
Today I want to write about Rap as a Service, the newest offering from Microsoft Premier Support! In the past few months we have convert our Configuration Manager Risk Assessment Program into RaaS for CM, here are more details about what we you can do.
RAP as a Service for System Center Configuration Manager a proactive service delivered by a Microsoft accredited engineer to diagnose potential issues with your hierarchy. This service is available for up to Tier 2 hierarchies running System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or System Center 2012 Configuration Manager*. A migration assessment to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager is also included with this service.
What is RAP as a Service?
This is a new delivery experience to enable you to assess your System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy at your convenience. The data is collected remotely allowing you to maintain the upmost privacy and run the assessment on your own schedule. Submission of data through the cloud enables a secure transmission of data, enabling you to view your results immediately on our secure online portal. A Microsoft accredited engineer will review the findings, provide recommendations and knowledge transfer, and build a remediation plan with your staff and your Technical Account Manager (TAM).
A New Online Experience
Data submitted via secure transfer to Microsoft online servers are analyzed using our RAP expert system. Results are displayed on the secure online portal that remains available throughout the licensed period of your assessment. You can also reassess your hierarchy at any time using updated best-practice guidance that is made available to subscribers on a regular basis. Your IT staff or other teams within your organization can be granted access to the results in order to collaborate effectively on the outcome of the assessment.
RAP as a Service for System Center Configuration Manager collects information on the key technology, people, and process areas in your hierarchy and analyzes this information against best practices obtained from over several thousand customer assessments. Solutions for each of the issues are identified and articulated in the Technical Findings report. All critical and important issues are explained by the
Microsoft accredited engineer and a remediation plan is provided as one of the key deliverables.
Breakthrough Follow-on Experience
Persistence is now built-in with this service, allowing you to reassess your System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy multiple times to track progress, get updates to newly released best-practice guidance, obtain new online portal features, and interact with an exclusive online community.
“Gain valuable insight into the health of your System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy by proactively diagnosing issues and risks, reviewing your results online, and receiving continuous updates to best-practice guidance”
- Online delivery with a Microsoft accredited engineer
- Convenience of the remote delivery means minimal impact on your environment and IT staff
- Assessment results available online
- Easily share results with your IT staff and others in your organization
- Reassess your environment to track progress
- Reduce support costs by exposing configuration and operational issues before they affect your business
- Flexible scheduling options
- Access to best-practice updates for one year with an active Premier Support contract
“The key technology, people, and process areas in your System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy are analyzed against best practices established by knowledge obtained from over several thousand customer assessments”
Key Focus Areas
- Server Assessment
- Client Assessment
- SQL Server Configurations
- Migration Assessment to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Operational Excellence
- Assessment tooling, multiple submissions, and access to a secure online portal
- Regular updates to best practice guidance and online portal features
- Use of the online portal and tools with an active Microsoft Premier Support contract for 1 year
- Knowledge transfer of issues found
- Remediation plan
- Technical Findings report
What is Next?
Contact your TAM, and ask for a RaaS for ConfigMgr. After that you will get and email with the following information:
Thank you for signing up for RAP as a Service for System Center Configuration Manager from Microsoft Premier Support! Your assessment is made up of four simple phases:
- Complete the prerequisites
- Collect your data with our easy-to-use client
- Submit your data securely to Microsoft
- Review your results with one of our Industry Experts
Good Luck and See you at the Closing Call.