This is part twenty of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. This session is a discussion of automation and the deep level customization that can introduce truly compelling imaging scenarios. Specific scenarios include the interface between task sequencing and Orchestrator, discussion of Imaging as a Service and customizing how task sequence activities take place versus simply using default task sequence items and more.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series is a session that focuses on options to enable troubleshooting scenarios versus specifically tracking imaging activity in the log.
Posts in Advanced OSD.
- Part XV – Advanced Concepts
- Part XVI – OSD – BIOS or UEFI
- Part XVII – OSD and Custom Boot Images – Process and Strategy
- Part XVIII – Advanced Scenarios 2
- Part XIX – DaRT
- Part XX – OSD – Automating and Custom OSD (this post)
- Part XXI – OSD – Troubleshooting