This is part eighteen of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. This session focuses on a few topics that don’t each require a full session. The specific discussion includes setup and use of Multicast, ConfigMgr and Windows to Go, OSD and User Device Affinity and more.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series is a discussion of DaRT, what it is and how it can be deployed using standard OSD imaging techniques.
Posts in Advanced OSD
- Part XV – Advanced Concepts
- Part XVI – OSD – BIOS or UEFI
- Part XVII – OSD and Custom Boot Images – Process and Strategy
- Part XVIII – Advanced Scenarios 2 (this post)
- Part XIX – DaRT
- Part XX – OSD – Automating and Custom OSD
- Part XXI – OSD – Troubleshooting