This is part seventeen of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. This session focuses on boot images in the imaging process. Demonstrations show how Configuration Manager uses and customizes the boot image and how boot images are embedded in boot media. The discussion also details scenarios and support for down level boot images.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series are a set of advanced mini topics such as setup and use of Multicast, Configuration Manager and Windows to Go, and OSD and User Device Affinity.
Posts in Advanced OSD
- Part XV – Advanced Concepts
- Part XVI – OSD – BIOS or UEFI
- Part XVII – OSD and Custom Boot Images – Process and Strategy (this post)
- Part XVIII – Advanced Scenarios 2
- Part XIX – DaRT
- Part XX – OSD – Automating and Custom OSD
- Part XXI – OSD – Troubleshooting