This session is part ten of an ongoing series focusing on Operating System Deployment in Configuration Manager. In it, Steven details the integration of User State Migration with Configuration Manager. The discussion includes the components of Configuration Manager 2012 focused on User State Migration and four task sequences configured to show four different imaging scenarios focused on User State.
If you are new to user state migration, view this tutorial first: Part 9 – Standalone USMT
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series, Steven will give an overview of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and its integration with Configuration Manager.
Posts in OSD – A Deeper Dive
- Part VI – Task Sequence variables – a deeper dive
- Part X – USMT and OSD (this post)
- Part XI – MDT Integration
- Part XII – OSD and the ADK
- Part XIII – to be Known or to be Unknown – that is the question
- Part XIV – Pre-staged Media
- Part XXIII – Nested Task Sequences