This series of blogs intends to introduce the new SCOM Web Console released in System Center Operations Manager 1801. For details on implementation and other parameters please refer to the detailed documentation. This blog is designed to be a bit more informal and describes the different features by associating them to use cases.
The series is divided into different parts and it is recommended to read them in order for better understanding.
After going through this series of blogs a user would:
- Get a fair idea about the new SCOM Web Console and the different features added to it
- Understand the new dashboard capability
- Understand the different widgets and their customizations
- Learn about the different dashboard and widget actions
- Learn about the drilldown feature and how it can be used to investigate issues
- Get a walkthrough on how to create a custom web application on SCOM REST APIs
This series consists of the following other blogs:
- New SCOM Web Console – Blog series (Post 2/5): The all new Dashboards
- New SCOM Web Console – Blog series (Post 3/5): The new HTML5 Widgets
- New SCOM Web Console – Blog series (Post 4/5): The all new Drilldown experience
- New SCOM Web Console – Blog series (Post 5/5): Sample Custom Dashboard walkthrough
What’s new in SCOM 1801 Web Console?
The SCOM 1801 release marks the inception of a faster, modern, flexible and more reliable HTML based Web Console. The Web Console has been given a complete reboot to ensure that it fulfills modern day monitoring needs (and yes, it is now completely free from Silverlight!).
This is another step towards our continuous commitment to the SCOM community and we would like to give a big thanks to all our customers who voted this as the top most requested feature in SCOM User Voice. We are really excited about this new Web Console and we strongly believe that you’d just fall in love with it!
Still using Silverlight? Don’t worry, we’ve got that covered too! The Silverlight dashboards are available in a new URL:
Choose your preferred login option and you are in, welcome to the new SCOM Web Console!
Recommended Next: New SCOM Web Console – Blog series (Post 2/5): The all new Dashboards