Determining a schedule of sessions for conferences can be a daunting task given the hundreds of options available. Have no fear, here’s all the information you need to upskill on PowerShell and Automation at Microsoft Ignite. I’ll cover must-see sessions every day along with networking opportunities and resources, so you leave Microsoft Ignite with more knowledge, more connections, and the tools to put PowerShell to work.
Below you’ll find ‘Must See’ sessions for each day with a link to the comprehensive schedule at the end of this section. These selections will get you in front of content you can use right away, keeping you current with the latest information on Powershell, and hearing from amazing folks in the PowerShell Community.
- THR2229 – Your First PowerShell script: Open the door to Automation
- THR2305 – PowerShell cross-platform scripting and AI-infused automation with Jeffrey Snover
- THR1136 – Getting started with infrastructure as code
- BRK2051 – PowerShell unplugged with Jeffrey Snover and Jason Helmick
- BRK3069 – What’s new in PowerShell
- BRK2387 – Automate tasks using Azure Cloud Shell or Azure PowerShell
- BRK2315 – Step away from the mouse, and no one gets hurt: Getting started with cloud command line options
I commonly hear from conference attendees that networking is at the top of their list for conferences like Microsoft Ignite. It’s an opportunity to meet like-minded technology folks as well as meet product group and industry experts. PowerShell has an awesome community who actively participates in product development, share their wealth of knowledge, and helping others. Below you’ll find numerous networking opportunities with the community at Ignite and online.
- PowerShell Community Social – Meet Jeffrey Snover – Monday @ 7-7: 30 pm in the Community Central. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet Jeffrey Snover, the father of PowerShell, and mingle with the rest of the PowerShell Community at Microsoft Ignite.
- MUP2002 – New PowerShellers: PowerShell and automation meetup – This meetup session at Ignite is a great opportunity to engage with the PowerShell community and product team for Microsoft. It’s a must attend for all PowerShell enthusiasts, old and new.
- PowerShell Meetup – Friday @ 9:00am in Podcast Studio
- Visit the PowerShell booth located inside the Microsoft Showcase on Level 2 of the West OCCC Building. Ask questions, get information, or just say Hi!
- Look for the following PowerShell community members throughout the week:
- Joey Aiello
- Jaap Brasser
- Aleksandar Nikolic
- Jeffrey Snover
- Jason Helmick
- Danny Maertens
- Michael Greene
- Hemant Mahawar
- Edwin Young
- Tyler Leonhardt
- And Many more. You can search the Expert Finder to find more information about all the experts at Microsoft Ignite.
Throughout the week, you’ll see plenty of sessions and meet a ton of people. Chances are good you’ll hear about some cool PowerShell stuff and want more information. Here’s a list of great resources for getting more information before, during, and after Microsoft Ignite:
- PowerShell Documentation at Docs.com – This is the go-to resource for all up-to-date and official documentation on PowerShell.
- Follow the PowerShell team on Twitter via @Powershell_Team for the latest information
- Use the hashtags #PowerShell and #PSDSC for all the PowerShell and Automation goodness on Twitter
- Connect with the PowerShell Community via their slack channel
Now that you have all the details on PowerShell and Automation opportunities at Microsoft Ignite, make sure you visit MyIgnite and add the sessions to your schedule!
See You in Orlando!!!!