First published on MSDN on Mar 24, 2011
Just one week after Microsoft Management Summit 2011 (MMS), Microsoft Learning will be hosting an exclusive three-day Jump Start class specially tailored for VMWare and Microsoft virtualization technology pros. Registration for
Microsoft Virtualization for VMWare Professionals
is open now and will be delivered as a FREE online class on
March 29-31, 2010 from 10:00am-4:00pm PDT
On March 29
we will spend 2 hours focusing on Microsoft’s high-availability solutions for Virtualization using Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering. Learn about cluster planning, deployment, management, System Center integration and disaster recovery using multi-site clustering.
What’s the high-level overview?
· This cutting edge course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Beta
(many of which will be announced just one week earlier at MMS).
· Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, virtualization architecture, high availability & clustering)
· Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Center Suite, SCVMM 2012 Beta, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
· Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
· A full outline is available on the
· Every section will be team-taught by two of the most respected authorities on virtualization technologies: Microsoft Technical Evangelist
and leading Hyper-V, VMWare, and XEN infrastructure consultant,
Who is the target audience for this training?
Suggested prerequisite skills include real-world experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, virtualization and datacenter management. The course is tailored to these types of roles:
· IT Professional
· IT Decision Maker
· Network Administrators & Architects
· Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects
How do I to register and learn more about this great training opportunity?
and sign up for all three sessions
Learn more from the
Microsoft Learning Blog
Here are a few posts you can retweet for us:
o Mar. 29-31 “Microsoft #Virtualization for VMWare Pros” @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes
o @SysCtrOpalis Mar. 29-31 “Microsoft #Virtualization for VMWare Pros” @SymonPerriman Corey Hynes
o Learn all the cool new features in Hyper-V & System Center 2012! SCVMM, Self-Service Portal 2.0,
What is a “Jump Start” course?
A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format. The idea is to deliver readiness training on strategic and emerging technologies that drive awareness at scale before Microsoft Learning develops mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) that map to certifications. All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes for broader reach.
Please join us for this fantastic event!