This 300 pages guide presents a structured approach for designing cloud applications that are scalable, resilient, and highly available. The guidance in this e-book is intended to help your architectural decisions regardless of your cloud platform, though we will be using Azure so we can share the best practices that we have learned from many years of customer engagements.
In the following chapters, we will guide you through a selection of important considerations and resources to help determine the best approach for your cloud application:
- Choosing the right architecture style for your application based on the kind of solution you are building.
- Choosing the most appropriate compute and data store technologies.
- Incorporating the ten high-level design principles to ensure your application is scalable, resilient, and manageable.
- Utilizing the five pillars of software quality to build a successful cloud application.
- Applying design patterns specific to the problem you are trying to solve