Firstline Workers have been at the forefront of our economy over the past several months as they perform critical jobs like maintaining critical supply chains, serving as first responders, and caring for the most vulnerable. It is more important than ever to empower these workers with tools and technology designed to support their unique scenarios.
One example of a specific Firstline scenario is the need be able to share tablets or mobile devices between shifts while maintaining security and compliance. In April, we announced the preview of shared device sign-out for Android and iOS. Once a device is provisioned into a shared device mode, Firstline Workers can sign out of all web browser sessions and applications that have been configured to support this feature, such as Microsoft Teams, with a single click.
So today I am excited to announce three new preview capabilities that make it easier to set up and customize how Firstline Workers use shared devices.
- Provisioning shared devices at scale with Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager are now part of a unified management platform known as Microsoft Endpoint Manager. You can choose to enroll your Android Enterprise (AE) dedicated devices into Microsoft Intune with Azure AD shared mode automatically configured.
Pick the enrollment profile in Intune console for “Android Enterprise dedicated device with Azure AD shared mode
Pick up a new device (or factory reset) and just get started on enrollment. Just following a few on-screen steps, you can complete the enrollment.
- Device-based Conditional Access for shift workers – You can now enforce Zero Trust security policies using device compliance to secure corporate data for users signing in and out of apps on shared devices.
- Customized sign-in experience with Microsoft Managed Home Screen – You can now use Managed Home Screen to provide a simple sign-in and sign-out experience across all apps, including Microsoft Teams, that participate with shared device sign-out. Customize a single screen for users to easily sign-in, configure a session PIN for the duration of the shift, and configure timers for automatic sign-out for added security. To see the full list of configurations available with Managed Home Screen, see the documentation.
Customize the device sign-in experience for any Firstline Worker.
Check out our documentation on how to enroll in shared device mode to get started today.
Alex Simons (@Alex_A_Simons)
Corporate Vice President of Program Management
Microsoft Identity Division
Learn more about Microsoft identity:
- Related Articles: Enrolling Android Enterprise dedicated devices into Azure AD shared mode; How to setup Microsoft Managed Home Screen on Dedicated devices in multi-app kiosk mode
- Return to the Azure Active Directory Identity blog home
- Join the conversation on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Share product suggestions on the Azure Feedback Forum