Welcome to the Cloud Commercial Communities monthly webinar and podcast update. Each month the team focuses on core programs, updates, trends, and technologies that Microsoft partners and customers need to know to increase success using Azure and Dynamics. Make sure you catch a live webinar and participate in live QA. If you miss a session, you can review it on demand. Also, consider subscribing to the industry podcasts to keep up to date with industry news.
Upcoming in February 2019
- Optimize Your Marketplace Listing with Featured Apps and Services – Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:00 AM PST
Do you have an application or service listed on Azure Marketplace or AppSource? Looking to optimize your listing to be more discoverable by customers? Discoverability in Azure Marketplace and AppSource can be optimized in a variety of ways. Join this session to learn about how you can gain more visibility for your listings by optimizing content, using keywords, adding trials, and about what matters to Microsoft for Featured Apps and Featured Services on Azure Marketplace and AppSource.
- Leveraging Free Azure Sponsorship to Grow Your Business on Azure – Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:00 AM PST
Microsoft has made significant investments in our partners and customers to help them meet today’s complex business challenges and drive business growth. Through Microsoft Azure Sponsorship, partners and customers can get access to free Azure based on their deployment and technical needs. Azure Sponsorship is available to new and existing Azure customers looking to try new partner solutions, and to partners working to build their solutions on Azure.
- Get the Most Out of Azure with Azure Advisor – Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:00 AM PST
Azure Advisor is a free Azure service that analyzes your configurations and usage and provides personalized recommendations to help you optimize your resources for high availability, security, performance, and cost. In this demo-heavy webinar, you’ll learn how to review and remediate Azure Advisor recommendations so you can stay on top of Azure best practices and get the most out of your Azure investment both for your own organization and your customers.
- Incidents, Maintenance, and Health Advisories: Stay Informed with Azure Service Health – Tuesday, February 26, 2019 10:00 AM PST
Azure Service Health is a free Azure service that provides personalized alerts and guidance when Azure service issues affect you. It notifies you, helps you understand the impact to your resources, and keeps you updated as the issue is resolved. It can also help you prepare for planned maintenance and changes that could affect the availability of your resources. In this demo-heavy webinar, you’ll learn how to use Azure Service Health keep both your organization and your customers informed about Azure service incidents.
- Introducing a New Approach to Learning: Microsoft Learn – Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:00 AM PST
At Microsoft Ignite 2019, Microsoft launched an exciting new learning platform called Microsoft Learn. During this session, we will provide a demo and overview of the platform, the inspiration and vision of its design, and how we have adapted training to modern learning styles.
- The full lifecycle of implementing IoT with PTC – Thursday, Feb 7, 2019
- Applying Artificial Intelligence in retail – Thursday, Feb 21, 2019
Recap for January 2019
- Grow, Build, and Connect with Microsoft for Startups – January 23, 2019 at 11am PST
Microsoft for Startups is a unique program designed to help startups become a Microsoft business partner, through access to technology, channels, markets and customers. Tune into this session to learn more about the Microsoft for Startups program, a $500 million initiative to provide startups access to both the technology and customer base needed to build and grow their business.
- Transform Data into Dollars by Enabling Intelligent Retail with Microsoft – January 29, 2019 at 10am PST
Microsoft is enabling retailers to deliver personalized customer experiences by empowering employees, driving digital transformation, and capturing data-based insights to accelerate growth for our partners and customers. This 30-minute session will arm partners with real case studies and actionable solutions for each Intelligent Retail scenario with an opportunity for live Q&A with our Retail expert.
- Azure Marketplace and AppSource Publisher Payouts and Seller Insights – January 30, 2019 at 11am PST
Azure Marketplace and AppSource is your launchpad to Go-To-Market with Microsoft and promote your offerings to customers. Join this exciting session to learn more about how Azure Marketplace and AppSource Publisher payouts work and gain exposure to the Seller Insights tool within Cloud Partner Portal.
- Evolving actuarial risk compute and modeling on Azure
Nick Leimer shares changes occurring in the insurance industry and how companies are dealing with it. Specifically, we look at computing risk for regulatory compliance and how it might be a good match for Azure services, like Azure Batch or Azure High-Performance Computing.
- Reduce healthcare costs with digital transformation: security, compliance and backup on Azure
Healthcare IT veteran, David Houlding, chats with us about reducing costs in healthcare as part of an organization’s digital transformation and specifically, outlines the tools and techniques needed for these transformations to succeed.
- Adopting Azure for real-time payments
In this episode, Howard Bush talks with us about enabling real-time transactions instead of the customary batch transactions that financial institutions use today.
- The full lifecycle of implementing IoT with PTC
From planning to streaming analytics, this episode looks at all phases of introducing IoT to a company. Just having the data is often not enough to make decisions. Insights must be gleaned from that data.
- Joel Neidig of SIMBA Chain talks with us about Blockchain as a service
The podcast focuses on blockchain as a service and how it can be leveraged in manufacturing. With very real use cases and stories of success, we’ll see how blockchain is affecting manufacturing in various ways today.
- Using Cognitive Services with Containers
Container support in Azure Cognitive Services allows developers to use the same rich APIs that are available in Azure and enables flexibility in where to deploy and host the services that come with Docker containers.
Check out recent podcast episodes at the Microsoft industry experiences team podcast page.