- 1 Map attributes from on-premises AD to Azure AD
- 2 On-demand provisioning of users
- 3 Azure AD Connect with improved sync performance and faster deployment
- 4 Create custom alerts and dashboards by pushing the provisioning logs to Azure Monitor
- 5 New applications integrated with Azure AD for user provisioning.
We’ve made several changes to identity provisioning in Azure AD over the past several months, based on your input and feedback:
- Easily map attributes between your on-premises AD and Azure AD.
- Perform on-demand user provisioning to Azure AD as well as your SaaS apps.
- Significantly improved sync performance in Azure AD connect.
- Manage your provisioning logs and receive alerts with Azure monitor.
And as in previous months, we continue to work with our partners to add provisioning support to more application.
In this blog, I’ll give you a quick overview of each of these areas.
Map attributes from on-premises AD to Azure AD
The public preview of Azure AD Connect cloud provisioning has been updated to allow you to map attributes, including data transformation, when objects are synchronized from your on-premises AD to Azure AD.
Check out our documentation to learn more on mapping attributes from AD to Azure AD.
On-demand provisioning of users
We’ve enabled on-demand provisioning of users to Azure AD and your SaaS apps. This is useful when you need to quickly provision a user into an app. And it is also useful for administrators when they are testing an integration for the first time. See our documentation for on-demand provisioning of users in Azure AD and quickly provision a user into an app.
Azure AD Connect with improved sync performance and faster deployment
The latest version of Azure AD Connect sync offers a substantial performance improvement for delta syncs and it is up to 10 times faster in key scenarios. We have also made it easier to deploy Azure AD Connect sync by allowing import and export of Azure AD Connect configuration settings. Learn more about these changes in our documentation.
Create custom alerts and dashboards by pushing the provisioning logs to Azure Monitor
You can now store their provisioning logs in Azure Monitor, analyze trends in the data using the rich query capabilities, and build visualizations on top of the data in minutes. Check out our documentation on the integration.
New applications integrated with Azure AD for user provisioning.
We release new provisioning integrations each month. Recently, we turned on provisioning support for 8×8, SAP Analytics Cloud, and Apple Business Manager. Check out our documentation on 8×8, Apple Business Manager and SAP Analytics cloud
As always, we’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have. Let us know what you think in the comments below or on the Azure AD feedback forum.
Alex Simons (twitter: @alex_a_simons)
Corporate Vice President Program Management
Microsoft Identity Division