Container virtualization technology and tools have enabled a variety of organizations, large or small, to accelerate their application delivery cycle. The traditional application development process is to write code, debug code in a local development environment, check-in code, and wait for the testing team to build and validate the code in a test environment.
With the container platform, developers can write code in a lean development environment, which can be just a text editor, easily bring up all necessary dependencies to debug the code in a container environment, check-in code, and get test results from a container-based DevOps infrastructure that automates the build and testing process. The entire process is streamlined for efficiency and productivity.
Join Lex Thomas and Razi Rais as they take us through an in-depth overview and demo rich session on DevOps with Containers.
- [2:01] What is a Container and how can it benefit organizations?
- [5:20] DEMO: Windows Containers 101- Basics and Overview
- [9:33] DEMO: How to create a Container on Nano Server
- [15:39] DEMO: Windows Server Core and Containers
- [19:36] DEMO: How to containerize legacy ASP.NET 4.5 application
- [43:48] DEMO: Running a container in Microsoft SQL Server Express
Learn more about Microsoft Premier Support Services.
- Send your comments or questions to the “Taste of Premier” Podcast show!
- Subscribe to our podcast via iTunes, Windows Phone Podcast Marketplace or RSS
Websites & Blogs:
- Privileged Access Workstations (PAWs): How to Prevent Attackers from Sensitive Accounts and Tasks
- Digital Spring Cleaning: Friendly Reminders on How to Protect and Mitigate your Environment from Malware
- How to Mitigate Pass-the-Hash and Other Forms of Credential Theft
- Securing your Desktop: How a Threat Becomes a Security Patch
- Microsoft Security Risk Assessment – How to Optimize Your IT Security Program
- Microsoft Threat Detection Service Overview
- Cybersecurity Incident Response
- Securing Your Active Directory Environment
- Protect Your Enterprise with the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Proactively Secure your IT Environment from Credential Theft with POP-SLAM
- Ransomware 101: How to Protect and Mitigate your environment from Malware