Over the next few weeks we will be publishing another video tutorial series on our YouTube channel focused on Operating System Deployment (OSD) with Configuration Manager. These videos have been prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
This series will be divided into 4 main sections, each consisting of multiple tutorials.
- OSD – Introductory Sessions for those who are new to OSD. Using Config Manager 2012 to demonstrate, Steve covers all the foundational topics including image capture, task sequencing, driver management and PXE.
- OSD – A Deeper Dive will get into task sequence variables, USMT and MDT integration, Pre-staged media and nested task sequences in Configuration Manager current branch.
- OSD – Advanced Concepts includes optimizing task sequences, UEFI, custom boot images, DaRT, troubleshooting and automation.
- OSD and Windows 10 discusses servicing options and the imaging options available for Windows 10 in Configuration Manager.
Posts in the OSD Introductory Sessions
- Part I – Introduction and Basics
- Part II – Obtain and Import the Image
- Part III – Task Sequencing
- Part IV – Image Deployment
- Part V – The Logical Task Sequence
- Part VII – Driver Management
- Part VIII – Understanding PXE
- Part IX – Standalone USMT
We hope you enjoy.