This is part nineteen of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. This session is a discussion of DaRT, what it is and how it can be deployed using standard OSD imaging techniques. In addition, a demonstration is presented that shows how the DaRT binaries can be used in the Configuration Manager Windows PE boot media to facilitate remote control during the Windows PE phase of imaging.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series is a discussion of automation and the deep level customization that can introduce truly compelling imaging scenarios.
Posts in Advanced OSD
- Part XV – Advanced Concepts
- Part XVI – OSD – BIOS or UEFI
- Part XVII – OSD and Custom Boot Images – Process and Strategy
- Part XVIII – Advanced Scenarios 2
- Part XIX – DaRT (this post)
- Part XX – OSD – Automating and Custom OSD
- Part XXI – OSD – Troubleshooting