This is part sixteen of a series discussing the Operating System Deployment feature of Configuration Manager. This session is a discussion of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) systems and how Configuration Manager OSD can deliver images to systems running in UEFI mode. The discussion also includes the challenges of using Pre-staged media with UEFI systems.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series Steven discusses custom boot images and support for down level boot images.
Posts in Advanced OSD
- Part XV – Advanced Concepts
- Part XVI – OSD – BIOS or UEFI (this post)
- Part XVII – OSD and Custom Boot Images – Process and Strategy
- Part XVIII – Advanced Scenarios 2
- Part XIX – DaRT
- Part XX – OSD – Automating and Custom OSD
- Part XXI – OSD – Troubleshooting