This session is part thirteen of an ongoing series focusing on Operating System Deployment in Configuration Manager. Steven discusses the concept of Known and Unknown computer imaging and provides demonstrations and detailed discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series, Steven will give a discussion of the pre-staged media option for image deployment.
Posts in OSD – A Deeper Dive
- Part VI – Task Sequence variables – a deeper dive
- Part X – USMT and OSD
- Part XI – MDT Integration
- Part XII – OSD and the ADK
- Part XIII – to be Known or to be Unknown – that is the question (this post)
- Part XIV – Pre-staged Media
- Part XXIII – Nested Task Sequences