This session is part eleven of an ongoing series focusing on Operating System Deployment in Configuration Manager. In it, Steven gives an overview of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit comparing it’s use standalone and integrated with Configuration Manager. Demonstrations include the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit UDI wizard, a discussion of the elements added when the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is integrated with Configuration Manager 2012 and more.
The video linked below was prepared by Steven Rachui, a Principal Premier Field Engineer focused on manageability technologies.
Next in the series, Steven will pause in our more traditional OSD discussion and loop back to the Windows ADK.
Posts in OSD – A Deeper Dive
- Part VI – Task Sequence variables – a deeper dive
- Part X – USMT and OSD
- Part XI – MDT Integration (this post)
- Part XII – OSD and the ADK
- Part XIII – to be Known or to be Unknown – that is the question
- Part XIV – Pre-staged Media
- Part XXIII – Nested Task Sequences